How to Choose the Perfect RV for You
Everyone is different, so the perfect RV for one person isn’t going to be the same for someone else. Fortunately, the team at Sunshine State RV is passionate about matching the right RV to the right person, and we have a great range of options to choose from.
We’ve assembled a helpful guide of options to consider when choosing your RV so you make the right investment that will suit your own requirements.
Van Conversions (Campervans) come in two broad types – the ‘Pop Top’ and the ‘High Topper’ – and they can be driven using a regular car licence. They are conversions in the sense that they are built from the inside out. For example, a commercial van is fitted with a basic kitchen and sleeping and storage specifications. The High Topper may also include shower and toilet facilities and are generally built on the long wheel base van for larger models.
Class B and C Motorhomes
Class B and C Motorhomes are a step up from simple van conversions and generally include more features (toilet and shower facilities, for example). They also offer substantially more space than a van conversion – so they may be preferable for longer trips where you need more storage space as well as room to relax.
Class A Motorhomes
Generally, Class A Motorhomes are the top-end RVs that measure 7-12 metres, weigh between 7-14 tonnes, and operate on a specialised RV chassis or adapted truck chassis. They usually include luxury amenities and can cost in excess of half a million dollars. They also require heavier vehicle licences to operate. These are for the truly dedicated RV user who can expect a lot of use from their vehicle.
Which style of motorhome you choose will depend on the style of camping you intend to undertake, and the financial investment you’re happy making. There’s no right or wrong answer. For a taste, here’s a look at some of the popular Sunliner options we offer.
- The Sunliner Vida and Rialta – This is a compact campervan Range suitable for couples that sleeps and seats two people. It includes an ensuite, kitchenette, and collapsible dining area.
- The Sunliner Habitat – This range is suited to off-the-beaten-track adventures. However, it also features all the amenities necessary to the modern ‘glamper’.
- The Sunliner Switch – With a choice of 9 layouts and available on Iveco or Fiat chassis, this is our entry point to the R.V experience. Simplistic and sophisticated making the motorhoming lifestyle easy.
- The Sunliner Pinto – Under 7 metres long, this is a compact RV with five unique floor plans to suit the space-economical camper. It includes electric drop-down bed, kitchen, and a separate bathroom.
- The Sunliner Olantis – A marriage of legends. Mercedes Benz chassis platform allowing a unique motorhome design approach that reflects Sunliner RV’s 45 years of RV design and manufacture with the legacy that is Mercedes Benz.
- The Sunliner Navian – Your perfect travelling partner. This is the ultimate in mid-size RV design and is fully equipped with a vast array of accessories –all as standard. Tailored to the unique needs of individual owners.
- The Sunliner Monte Carlo – This flagship model is perfect for the luxury camper. At over 9.5 metres long with multiple layout options, it includes slide-outs to maximise space, full décor personalisation options, full-width ensuite and modern appliances.
Need Help Choosing the Perfect RV?
Remember to always keep in mind the purpose for which you are buying an RV, as well as the financial considerations. The friendly team at Sunshine State RV are always available to offer advice, as well as services for maintaining your van. Don’t hesitate to contact us today on either 07 3806 1277 or 07 5493 6877. You can also check out our gallery to see what takes your fancy!